We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Fresh tuna steaks are marinated in a fresh herb and garlic marinade for 4 hours, then cooked on the BBQ for a delicious summer meal.
26 people made this
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 tablespoons tarragon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped tarragon or 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 fresh tuna steaks (about 650g)
MethodPrep:10min ›Cook:10min ›Extra time:4hr marinating › Ready in:4hr20min
- In a medium bowl, whisk together olive oil, garlic, tarragon vinegar, tarragon and pepper. Place tuna steaks into the mixture. Cover and marinate in the fridge for at least 4 hours.
- Preheat an outdoor barbecue for high heat and lightly oil grate.
- Barbecue tuna steaks 8 to 10 minutes per side, until the tuna flakes easily.
Check out our BBQ how-to guides and videos for easy tips on how to BBQ to perfection!
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(27)
Reviews in English (20)
by sourdough girl
This recipe is TERRIFIC!! I served it with grilled zucchini, drizzled with olive oil and sprinkled with parmesan, salt and pepper. One word of caution, however: living on Puget Sound, we eat a lot of fresh fish... and good quality tuna should never be cooked "well done" or opaque in the middle as you will end up with VERY DRY fish. It should still be pink in the middle! Thanks for the GREAT recipe, Doreen!-25 Jul 2003
Absolutely great! Really, Really scrumptious. I cooked it on the stovetop using a cast-iron skillet, and it was still really great. A definite keeper. Thanks for sharing such a great recipe.-07 Mar 2008
I used this marinade on Ahi Tuna steaks and they were just fabulous. I added a bit more garlic and a few shakes of salt. Also, be sure to not overcook! Very tasty!!!-15 Sep 2004