We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Meat and poultry
- Cuts of beef
Frying steak is marinated in a mixture of garlic, red onion, lime juice, chilli, thyme, coriander, oil and honey, before being barbecued to perfection. Use this steak as a main course or in fajitas.
122 people made this
IngredientsMakes: 9 115g servings
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 Scotch bonnet chilli or to taste
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- 50g coriander leaves
- 175ml corn oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1.35kg frying steak
- sea salt to taste
MethodPrep:10min ›Cook:8min ›Extra time:8hr marinating › Ready in:8hr18min
- Puree the garlic, onion, lime juice, Scotch bonnet, thyme, coriander, corn oil and honey into the bowl of a liquidiser or food processor until the ingredients are well incorporated. Marinate the steak with 125ml of the puree in a resealable bag overnight in the refrigerator. Reserve the rest of the puree to use later as a sauce.
- Preheat a barbecue for medium-high heat.
- While barbecue is warming, remove the meat from the refrigerator and let sit at room temperature for at least 30 minutes. Discard any marinade left in the bag. Liberally season the steak with the sea salt and cook to desired doneness, approximately 4 minutes per side for medium-rare.
- To serve, slice the steak against the grain into 3 to 6mm slices and drizzle the remaining marinade over the meat.
Alternative cooking methods
You can also cook the steaks under the grill.
Check out our BBQ how-to guides and videos for easy tips on how to BBQ to perfection!
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(130)
Reviews in English (89)
Had a big party made this marinade with chicken breasts added some chillies and extra jalapenos also did half and half Cilantro and Garam Masala .....Everybody loved it!!!-16 Jul 2006
by Jessica McCabe
My family LOVED this marinade! Where I changed things: 1) I forgot to buy fresh thyme so I used 1Tbs of dried and 2) my limes were kinda small so I used three.Some of the reserved sauce is in the fridge and I'm thinking it would be good on veggie wraps this weekend.-01 May 2007