We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Dish type
- Green salad
- Rocket salad
This potato salad is a little different from the traditional potato salad, it uses no mayonnaise. The addition of rocket gives the salad an enhanced aromatic peppery flavour.
61 people made this
- 675g red potatoes, cubed
- 3 tablespoons malt vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 100g pre-washed wild rocket
MethodPrep:20min ›Cook:15min ›Ready in:35min
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil. Add potatoes and cook until tender but still firm, about 15 minutes. Drain and cool. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, mix vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper in a mixing bowl. Drizzle in olive oil, whisking until mixture thickens.
- Toss potatoes with vinegar and oil mixture and rocket. Serve at room temperature.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(75)
Reviews in English (65)
I didn't wait for the potatoes to cool, but added the arugula and dressing while still hot. This sort of wilted the arugula and caused the potatoes to soak up the dressing. It was delicious!-05 Dec 2004
My 5-star rating for this recipe speaks for itself as to how much I liked this salad. It's so refreshingly different and really delicious. This is something I'd expect to find in gourmet delis for a bazillion ridiculous dollars a pound. It lends an elegant, unique touch to the table and wakes up the same old cook-out. It would be terrific just as is, but because I have a bunch of stuff in the fridge I want to use I added red, yellow and orange bell pepper, which made this look very festive. For my own personal tastes I changed the white vinegar to 1 T. each of white wine vinegar and lemon juice - I don't like a particularly tangy dressing. I also gave it a couple of shakes of Penzey's Fox Point Seasoning and a drizzle of white truffle oil. I so dislike this expression, but I have to say it - this is a keeper.-10 Jul 2011
Nice change from traditional potato salad and a different way to use arugula. I added about 1/2 T balsamic vinegar and went light on the oil. Nice side with a grilled london broil. Be warned, though, it is quite strong tasting with the garlic and arugula... for the more adventurous eaters out there.-31 May 2006