- Meat and poultry
- Beef mince
Soutzoukakia are Greek cumin-laced meatballs. Serve with lemon wedges and rice.
85 people made this
- 675g minced beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 160g raisins, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon caster sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6 skewers
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
MethodPrep:15min ›Cook:15min ›Ready in:30min
- Preheat barbecue for high heat.
- In a large bowl, mix together minced beef, onion, raisins and parsley. Season with cayenne pepper, cinnamon, coriander, nutmeg, sugar, salt and pepper, and mix well. Form into 6 flat sausages around skewers. Lightly brush sausages with oil; this prevents sticking to the barbecue.
- Arrange skewers on hot barbecue grate. Cook for approximately 15 minutes, turning occasionally to brown evenly, until well done.
Check out our BBQ how-to guides and videos for easy tips on how to BBQ to perfection!
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(88)
Reviews in English (67)
Mmmmm...so good. I actually used ground turkey, since I wanted a turkey burger but had never been able to make one that actually tasted good. These really hit the spot. I left the rasins whole and was generous with the spices--the contrast between sweet and savory is magical. I served them with a yogurt sauce with cucumber and parsley.-17 Apr 2003
It was alright. The flavor was nice and I enjoyed the sweetness. I might make it again someday. I didn't see the point of the kabob sticks so I cooked them as hamburger patties. I will probably not be making this again.-14 Oct 2004
Really enjoyed the flavor, different from what I am used to .... very cinnamon-y.I don't have a grill so I used a George Forman Grill in my kitchen (I have used it before for burgers) They turned out really well - though I am not sure what the purpose of the skewers was.. could have just made normal burger patties.Would make it again.-11 Oct 2001